Friday, November 16, 2018

Vintage Christmas...

Hi folks, I'm seriously late to the party today thanks to the The Furry Boy's naughty antics. Being rudely awakened at 4.00am for a quick toilet dash out to the garden has been playing havoc with my body clock and I've overslept every morning this week which has thrown the crafty production line into chaos. But after a few late morning stuttery starts, I did manage to make 6 more cards for this year's Christmas Card Box using the gorgeous Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Festive Overlay stamp set and papers from the Idea-ology Christmas/Noel Paper Stash Pad.





I trimmed the papers to measure 4" x 5.1/4", die cut the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stitched Oval Thinlits from white card and coloured lightly with Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool.
I fixed the Stitched Ovals in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte and stamped the images from Festive Overlay with Ground Espresso Distress Archival Ink.
I coloured the Santa image with Distress Markers using a Detailer Brush
stamped the sentiments with Versamark, heat embossed with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold and Festive Berries Distress Oxide, heat embossed with Ranger Superfine Clear Embossing Powder
I stamped the snowflake image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Swirly Snowflakes with Versamark and heat embossed with Antique Gold.
And hey it's Christmas, so I went all out with even more gold embossing. I tapped the Versamark ink around the edges, dunked each panel into the pile of Antique Gold gorgeousness and heat set 

At this point, I thought the background of the ovals was looking a little bare, so I randomly stamped the Music background from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Music and Advert inked with Forest Moss Distress Oxide, matted the panels on to black card and contrasting papers from the paper pad and fixed to Kraft Card blanks.
I coloured the Idea-ology Christmas Typed Tokens with Alcohol Ink Gold Metallic Mixative using an Alcohol Ink Applicator Tool, fixed to the card and applied a coat of Glossy Accents. Once it was dry, I added a twine bow, only to discover that all that gold embossing and the lack of daylight was about to play havoc with the photography session.
But, you know what they say, tomorrow is another day
Have fun with whatever you are creating
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx