Tuesday, November 6, 2018

AALL&Create Guest Designer Project #4 - The Earth Laughs In Flowers

Hi folks, I'm back to share this week's Guest Designer project for AALL & Create and I couldn't resist using the gorgeous Print By Numbers #119 stamp set by Tracy Evans again along with Stencils #21, #39 and #45. You can check out all the fabulous products from AALL & Create and a list of stockists HERE.

This project came about when I was sorting out some old clothes to go to the recycling centre. My brain went into tick tock mode and before you know, some of the garments in question were chopped up and have now found a new home in my craft fabric box.
I decided to use this pretty delicate pale grey floral fabric to cover a panel of Sizzix Mat Board cut to 6" x 8".  I trimmed the fabric slightly bigger than the panel and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte, my favourite go-to adhesive for everything.
Once the front was dry, I mitred the corners, pulled the fabric tight on the reverse and applied more Distress Collage Medium Matte
I applied Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink through Stencil #39 Lotza Dots using a mini round blending tool
and Black Soot Distress Oxide through Stencil #21 Rhythms. 
I applied Ranger Opaque Matte Texture Paste through Stencil #45 Digital Bubbles and once it was dry, I lightly brushed Ranger Multi Medium Matte over the whole panel to seal the surface and prevent the Distress Oxide inks from reacting with the Distress Collage Medium Matte I would be using later on in the process.
I stamped the image from Print By Numbers #119 with Versafine Onyx Black ink on to Idea-ology Plain Collage Paper and a piece of grey fabric, sprinkled with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.
but I wasn't happy with the grey flower so I fixed Dylusions Adhesive Canvas to thin card and coloured with Fired Brick Distress Oxide. I stamped the flower image twice on to Idea-ology Plain Collage Paper, fussy cut and fixed to the canvas with Distress Collage Medium Matte. I added highlights to the flowers using a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen.
I tore around the flowers on the original stamped Idea-ology Plain Collage Paper, fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium Matte and shaded the petals slightly with Fired Brick Distress Paint using a Distress Detailer Water Brush. I added more torn sections of the collage paper randomly on the background. I added Black Eclectic Elements Thread to create a stem for the flower, buttons from my stash and Prima Art Stones fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte



Have fun whatever you are creating
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx