Tuesday, November 20, 2018

AALL&Create Guest Designer Project - Pretty In Pink

Hi folks, I'm back with another AALL&Create Guest Designer project. This week I decided to christen my Dina Wakley Journal and create an Art Journal Page using the gorgeous Blossomed Numbers #109 stamp set designed by Tracy Evans and two of my favourite stencils designed by Autour deMwa #39 Lotza Dotz and #45 Digital Bubbles. You can find the AALL&Create products I used and a list of worldwide stockists HERE


I trimmed Dina Wakley Cotton Watercolor Paper to be slightly smaller than the Burlap Journal page and painted the background randomly with Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain Distress Paints.
I stamped the large image from Blossomed Numbers #109 on to Distress Plain Collage Paper using Versafine Sepia Ink and coloured the circles on the reverse using Dina Wakley Blushing Acrylic Paint.
Once the paint had dried, I traced around the part of the image I wanted to use with a wet paintbrush, gently teased the paper apart and fixed to the panel using Distress Collage Medium Matte. I tapped the Digital Bubbles Stencil #45 into the remaining paint and transferred to the panel.
I cleaned off  the stencil and repeated that process with White Gesso. I mixed a little of the Blushing Paint with Ranger Opague Texture Paste and applied randomly on the background through the Lotza Dotz #39 stencil.
and added the larger dots using Ranger Opague Texture Paste
I stamped the large flower image and one of the circle images on to a scrap of Dina Wakley Cotton Watercolor paper using Versafine Sepia ink, coloured lightly with Blushing Paint diluted with water, fussy cut and fixed in place over the original stamped image.
I machine stitched around the edges of the panel and through the circle images, leaving the ends of the threads loose
 I added splatters of White Gesso
 I stamped the words from the stamp set on to scraps of Dina Wakley Cotton Watercolor card using Versafine Sepia ink, fussy cut and added to the panel
I fixed the panel to the Burlap page in the journal using Distress Collage Medium Matte
 and highlighted the circle images with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen


Have fun whatever you are creating
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx

5 comments:

  1. I cannot really explain how much I love this GORGEOUS creation Kath, the colours are fabulous and I love the cotton watercolour paper! An absolutely beautiful journal page! Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words! Love this collage. The colors, the stencils, the stamps. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, love the layers, textures and gorgeous layout.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete