Friday, January 27, 2023

Tim Holtz/Sizzix - PaperCut Cafe Coasters

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the coasters I made to match the clock for Tim Holtz/Sizzix YouTube Live launch of the Everyday 2023 release. If you missed the Live, you can check out all the products in the new release and all the amazing makes over on Tim's YouTube Channel or Blog.

I trimmed Sizzix Mat Board to 3.1/2" square to make the base of the coasters, on hindsight it might have been easier to buy a set of cheap coasters and miss out this step. I also cut Sizzix Cork Texture Roll to the same size. 
I fixed Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Bulletin letters and a cup from PaperCut Cafe Thinlits to Sizzix Sticky Grid to create a template and die-cut the Sizzix Cork Texture Roll square and 2 squares of Distress Watercolor card. I lined up the squares in the same position using the grid so that they were die-cut in exactly the same place each time.
I fixed the squares in place on the coaster base using Distress Collage Medium and rounded the corners using a corner chomper.
I fixed the letters and cup die-cut from the Distress Watercolour card squares back into the negative spaces and added another layer of letters and cup, die-cut from Idea-ology Christmas Backdrops scraps left over from the clock and added the outlines for the letters and the steam from the cup, die-cut from Distress Mixed Media HeavyStock.
I repeated the process for the TEA Coaster using Sizzix Surfacez Cardstock and the Memoranda left over scraps and added hearts using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Falling Hearts Thinlits.
I die-cut the letters to complete the sentiments from Distress Mixed Media HeavyStock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower Thinlits and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I applied two coats of Distress Collage Medium over the coasters to seal.
I painted the back and edges of the coasters with Black Soot Distress Paint to finish


Have a great weekend whatever you have planned. I'm super duper excited about the release of a new Distress colour and will be joining Tim and Mario at the reveal party on Tim's YouTube Channel on Saturday 9am PT, 12pm ET or 5pm UK. Hope to see you there.

Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment