Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Let's Build A Snowman

Hi my friends, greetings from a very frosty and chilly Scotland. Despite the boffins at the Met Office predicting stormy snowy conditions for my neck of the woods, it hasn't arrived yet so I had to resort to making snowmen on cards using the super cute Build A Snowman set of stencils from Simon Says Stamp. How adorable are these chilly dudes with their cute facial expressions, too late for Christmas but perfect for sending winter birthday wishes to friends or just to let them know you are thinking of them.

I trimmed Distress HeavyStock to create 3 - A2 panels, laid out the Build A Snowman stencils along with the Distress Oxide inks I decided to use.
I fixed the panels to Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Media Grip, taped the first stencil (the hat) in place and applied Black Soot Distress Oxide using a mini round blending tool. I removed the panel, slipped the next one in place and repeated.
I added the snowman's head stencil, masked off the hat and applied Picket Fence Distress Ink using a mini round blending tool.
I continued the production line process with the rest of the stencils, using Lumberjack Plaid for the scarf, Carved Pumpkin and Crackling Campfire and Black Soot for the eyes and noses.
I inked the snowflake from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Weathered Winter with Picket Fence Distress Ink and stamped randomly on the edges of the panels.
I stamped the sentiments from Simon Says Holiday Ornaments inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Simon Says White Embossing Powder and heat set.
I flicked Distress Resist Spray from the nozzle on to the panels, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heat set. I used Sakura White Gelly Roll and Black Glaze Pens to highlight the eyes and mouths and added Trinity Stamps Creamy Vanilla Heart Sprinkle Embellishments fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.
To finish, I trimmed the panels to 3.3/4" x 5" and fixed to A2 white card blanks.


Have fun with whatever you're making
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year.....Oh Kath your snowmen cards are jusr so adorable no snow here but plenty of rain

    ReplyDelete