Friday, January 6, 2023

More Snow Love

Hi my friends, can you tell I'm in love with the Snow Love stamp set and Aidan Snowflake from Simon Says Snow Love January Card Kit which is still available to buy or, if you wish, you can purchase the individual items from the kit HERE.

I'm sharing another two cards that I created using products from the card kit on Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink backgrounds using the same 4 colours - Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Broken China and Wilted Violet.

I stamped the snowflakes from Simon Says Snow Love on to Distress Watercolor card, inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I coloured the panel using mini round blending tools, buffed the snowflakes with a soft cloth to remove any ink from the surface, flicked on water droplets and dried.
I inked another of the snowflakes from the stamp set with the four colours of ink and stamped on to the panel to create a tone-on-tone effect.I stamped the sentiment and one of the smaller snowflakes inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink and trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" using Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Deckle Edge Trimmer.I added Trinity Stamps Something New pearls to the centres of the snowflakes, matted the panel on to Simon Says Black cardstock trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 Neenah Solar White card blank.

I coloured the second panel with the same 4 colours of ink. I smooshed the first colour on to my glass media mat, spritzed with water, picked up on a piece of plastic, pressed on to the panel and dried. I repeated with the other 3 colours, flicked on some water droplets and dried.
I stamped the snowflakes inked with the matching colours of Distress Oxide inks and trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4" using Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Deckle Edge Trimmer.
I die-cut Simon Says Aidan Snowflake from Simon Says Black Luxe Glitter cardstock and fixed to the panel. I matted the panel on to Simon Says Black cardstock, trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 Neenah Solar White card blank.

Have a great weekend whatever you have planned and I'll see you all on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge. In the meantime, happy crafting.
Hugs Kath xxx