Thursday, January 12, 2023

Layered Rosebud Trio

Hi my friends, I'm sharing another card made with the Layered Rosebud die from Simon Says Hugs Release and you can check out all the amazing products from the release HERE.

I also used Tim Holtz/Sizzix amazing Mosaic 3D Texture Fade, I think this one is going to be a much used favourite and the Aphanumeric Bulletin Thinlits. I have a definite weakness when it comes to great alphabet sets. Did you know that yellow roses symbolise friendship so this card would be perfect to send to a friend just to say hi and let them know how important they are in your life.

I fixed Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to panels of Distress Watercolor card and die cut 3 of the Layered Rosebuds. The adhesive sheets will hold the die-cuts in place ready for colouring.
I used Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey Distress Re-inkers with a Distress Detailer Brush to colour the die-cuts. I started off with a base layer of Scattered and added shading using the wet on wet technique with the other two colours.
I assembled and added water splatters.
To create the background for the rosebuds, I coloured a panel of Distress Watercolor card by smooshing Black Soot and Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink pads on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and dragged the panel through the ink. I dried and tapped the panel on to the inks tp pick up the remaining droplets. I spritzed the back of the panel with water and ran it through my die cutting machine with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mosaic 3D Texture Fade.
As I intended to make a 5" x 7" card, the embossed panel was not large enough to cover my background panel, so I tore it into two corner sections and fixed to Distress Holiday Light Gray Woodgrain cardstock trimmed to 4.3/4" x 6.3/4".
I die-cut "HUGS" 4 times from Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Bulletin Thinlits and layered to create dimension. I coloured the letters to create an ombre effect with Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink and a mini round blending tool and fixed the letters in place with Distress Collage Medium. I added the rosebuds popped up on Simon Says Foam Squares.
I die-cut the leaves from Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix BrushStroke Flowers 1 Thinlits and coloured with Peeled Paint and Cracked Pistachio Distress Re-inkers using a Distress Detailer Brush.
I tucked the leaves in place under the rosebuds, added an Idea-ology Sentiments Label Sticker to complete the sentiment and Trinity Stamps Cream Vanilla Heart Sprinkles to the leaves and letters.

To finish, I added shading around the edges of the panel using Black Soot Distress Oxide ink with a mini round blending tool and fixed the panel to a 5" x 7" white card blank.


Have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment