Tuesday, January 17, 2023

My MR. Valentine Card

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a Valentine's Day card for the man in your life, the one that you call My MR. using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Gentlemen, Tailored and Alphanumeric Bulletin Thinlits from the 2023 Everyday release along with the Tree Rings 3D Texture Fade from a 2022 release.


I began by die-cutting the heart from Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix True Love Colorize Thinlits and stamped with one of the backgrounds from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Lumberjack, inked with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink. I die-cut the heart outline from Idea-ology Black KraftStock, snipped it in half, laid down a line of Distress Collage Medium around the indent marking on the heart die-cut, manoevured it in to place and snipped off the excess. I smooshed Black Soot and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat and used to colour a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor card. I smooshed the heart on to the remaining droplets of ink to grunge it up a little.
I spritzed the back of the panel with water and ran through my die-cutting machine using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Tree Rings Texture Fade.
I coloured a scrap of Distress Watercolor card with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide using a mini round blending tool, die-cut the letters using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Bulletin Thinlits and fixed in place on the heart using Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut the letters again from Idea-ology Black KraftStock and fixed the outline in place.
I die-cut one of the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Gentlemen Thinlits from Idea-ology Black KraftStock and sanded to reveal the kraft core. I die-cut his umbrella and the bowtie using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Tailored Thinlits from the left over Lumberjack Plaid coloured card and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I popped my MR. up on foam squares to add dimension.
I lightly sanded the background texture and added Idea-ology Chit Chat Stickers.
I added Trinity Stamps Cream Vanilla Heart Sprinkles on his jacket and the heart.

To finish I matted the panel on to Idea-ology Black KraftStock trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 White card blank.
Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments: