Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Winter Wishes from Chilly and Freezy

Hi my friends, I'm sharing two cards I made with the adorable Chilly and Freezy, a very special DieCember collaboration from Tim Holtz/Sizzix and Simon Says Stamp which, not surprisingly, sold out pretty quick and well done, if you were lucky enough to grab a set. If you didn't get a set, you could always use Stump from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Twig and Stump Thinlits as an alternative which I have linked below. I paired this smaller duo with the gorgeous Tim Holtz/Sizzix Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade and Distress Black HeavyStock, Simon Says Aidan Snowflake and snowflakes and sentiments from Simon Says Snow Love stamp set from the January Card Kit.I trimmed Distress Black HeavyStock to 4" x 5.1/4" and embossed with the Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade using Picket Fence Distress Ink, applying the ink on the embossed and debossed sides of the folder.I added a snow bank on the bottom of the panels using Picket Fence Distress Ink and a mini round blending tool and splatters of Picket Fence Distress Paint. I fixed Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to Distress Black HeavyStock and Distress Watercolor card,and die-cut the Chilly and Freezy, bases and bodies,scarves, hats, ear muffs, noses and arms. The adhesive sheets keep the small die-cuts in place which makes colouring easier and any die-cuts not used can be stored in the die packaging to use later.I coloured using my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette (Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo) and a Distress Detailer brush and assembled.I stamped the sentiments and snowflakes on the first panel from Simon Says Snow Love, inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set.On the second panel, I die-cut the Simon Says Stamp Aidan Snowflake from Distress Watercolor, coloured one of the snowflakes with Peacock Feathers from my Distress Watercolor Pencils Palette. I added glitter to all the snowflakes using Tonic Studios Aqua Shimmer Pen and fixed to the background with Distress Collage Medium.I fixed Chilly and Freezy in place, popped up on foam squares to create dimension, added heart die-cuts coloured with Picked Raspberry Distress Watercolor pencil, matted the panels on to Simon Says Matte Silver Cardstock trimmed 1/4" larger and fixed to A2 white card blanks.





Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment