Thursday, December 14, 2023

A Happy Accident Trio

Hello my friends, after all the hectic Christmas card making and present wrapping, I decided to have some me playtime with Simon Says Stamp Embossing Folders and Distress Oxide ink backgrounds. Things didn't quite go according to plan but I had a bit of a "what if" moment and embarked on a rescue mission with my Black Soot Distress Archival ink pad and here are my trio of "happy accident" cards.

I began by colouring 3 - A2 panels of Distress Watercolor card with Distress Oxide inks using mini round blending tools. From Left to Right - BluePrint Sketch/Evergreen Bough/Wilted Violet - Twisted Citron/Lumberjack Plaid/Rustic Wilderness and Twisted Citron/Rustic Wilderness.

I misted the back of the first panel, placed it in Simon Says Verdant Ornaments Embossing Folder and ran through my die-cutting machine only to discover I had placed it the wrong way round and the pattern was debossed instead of embossed on the colour side. 
Just as I got ready to start over, a distant memory of an old technique jumped into my head and I  grabbed my Black Soot Distress Archival ink pad. It was a nothing ventured, nothing gained moment as I dragged it repeatedly over the panel and I confess the rescue mission result definitely had the wow factor.
I repeated the process on the second and third panels using Simon Says Holly Jolly Embossing Folder, added flicks of Distress Resist Spray on all 3 panels, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set to create a snow effect.
The embossing folders were definitely going to be the stars of the show so I kept the sentiments simple, die-cut from Distress Watercolor card using a mix of Simon Says Handwritten Christmas, Holiday Cheer and Merry Frame Wafer dies and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.


The motto is, don't be quick to give up on the disasters my friends, take a minute, sit back and wait for that "what if" moment to turn things around.
Hugs Kath xxx

5 comments:

  1. Great cards ! Lovely technique
    greetings Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards look lovely - very unusual and striking.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look beautiful Kath. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh wow no accident they are absolutely stunning Kath x

    ReplyDelete