Friday, December 8, 2023

Cards Inspired by M&S

Hi my friends, when you're feeling like you can't see the forest for the trees and your mojo has gone AWOL, it's time to keep things simple, take inspiration from a rather pricey card I spotted in my local M&S store and knock out easy production line cards using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bottlebrush Trees and a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Making Spirits Bright stamp set. 

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", lined up the Bottlebrush Trees in my stamp platform and stamped the trees using Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks on all 6 panels. I repeated the process to stamp the tree stands, inked with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink. I cheated and drew in the tree stem with a Fine Black Marker pen, I won't tell if you don't.
I stamped the sentiment and stars from Simon Says Making Spirits Bright stamp set, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink.
I used a Sakura Stardust Clear Glitter Gel Pen to colour the letters on the sentiment and the centre circle on the stars.
To finish, I matted the panels on to A2 white card blanks covered with red cardstock. The christmas card list is finally done and dusted and I can't help thinking that if I had seen that M&S card earlier, it would have been finished faster but isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

Have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, CAS design is very pretty.
    Hope your mojo comes back soon, but to be honest Kath, I really don't think its missing..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Clean, classic, and cheery !! Happy holidays to you ! Thank for adding beauty and inspiration to all our lives throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh the trees are amazing and make fabulous cards they are stunning x

    ReplyDelete