Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Simon Says - December 2023 Card Kit

Hi my friends, I thought I'd better dive into the beautiful Making Spirits Bright December 2023 Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp before December runs away from me. It's no surprise that the kit has sold out but individual items from the kit are available to purchase separately HERE. With only 19 days left before Christmas, but hey who's counting, I am on a mission to finish my personal cards, get them all written and off in the mail this week, so it was time to fire up the cubbyhole production line.

I trimmed Simon Says Schoolhouse Red and Midnight Green cardstock included in the kit to 4.3/4" x 6.3/4". I placed the first panel in my stamp platform, positioned the sentiment, tree and snowflakes from the Making Spirits Bright stamp set, inked with Versamark, sprinkled with Wow Gold Glitter Embossing Powder and heat set. I repeated the process with a pile of panels. I placed the first panel back in the stamp platform, placed a sheet of acetate over the stamping and repositioned the snowflakes stamps without having to clean them, inked with Versamark again, sprinkled with Simon SaysWhite Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I repeated the process on all the panels and added splatters of Unravelled Distress Mica Stain and White Gesso. To finish I matted the panels on to Idea-ology Gold Metallic KraftStock, trimmed to be 1/8" larger, added Pink Fresh Studio Gold Glitter Drops to the centres of the snowflakes and fixed the panels on to 5" x 7" white card blanks. Woohoo, another pile of cards ticked off the Christmas list. I did have an issue with the white embossed sentiment and no way was I starting over, so I re-stamped and heat embossed on to a piece of self adhesive vellum and hey, no one will ever know, it's our little secret!!!

Today I've been making cards for the family to match the gift bags I made earlier. Dare I tempt fate and say that, so far, I think I'm on track for Christmas.
Tomorrow I'll be back to the Christmas card list coal face, hang in there my friends, we can do this.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous set of cards Kath, your family must be so proud to receive such beautiful creations. xx

    ReplyDelete