Friday, December 22, 2023

Cookies from Santa

Hello my friends, it's Friday and I'm taking a break today from the crazy Christmas food shopping and prep to visit the Christmas magic at my local garden centre and deliver some Cookies From Santa to friends using the Kraft Zipper bags and Tag Bundle from the Simon Says Limited Edition Christmas Holiday Tag Kit, decorated with Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Jolly Holiday/Festive Print, Bakers Twine , Ribbon and a Wax Seal.

I stamped the Santa image from Jolly Holiday, inked with Hickory Smoke Distress Archival ink, on to kraft tags and coloured with Barn Door and Picket Fence Distress Watercolor Pencils. I inked the sprinkles image with Versamark, sprinkled with white embossing powder and heat set. 
I stamped the peppermint stick image, inked with Barn Door Distress Oxide ink, on to Distress Watercolor card, trimmed and fixed behind each tag. I stamped "25" from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Festive Print, inked with Barn Door Distress Oxide on the tag and added the left over section of the peppermint stick.
I created seals using Spellbinders Red Wax Melts and Honey Bee With Love Wax Stamper. I highlighted the detail on the seal with a Spellbinders Decocolor Gold Pen.
I filled the zipper bags with cookies, wound twine around the top and stapled on the tags, threaded with the twine. I fixed the ribbon bows and seals in place using my hot glue gun.


I'll be back before Christmas to share photos from Santa's Grotto at the Garden Centre. In the meantime, if you are feeling a bit frazzled, hang in there, WE CAN DO THIS.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love the cookie bags and the gorgeous tags you made, how do you get your wax seals so neatly finished, I have used them for a long time and mine are never that perfectly round, you must know a secret, haha.
    Well Kath, I hope your Christmas is merry and bright, enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Kath how cute are your bags filled with lots of gorgeous goodies too x

    ReplyDelete