Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Cosy Birthday Wishes

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a Winter Birthday card using Spellbinders Merry Mug dies, Simon Says Two Stems and Berries dies, Pawsitively Saturated inks, the patterned paper and stamp set from the  Don't Flurry, Be Happy January Card Kit and alphabet from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Hippity Hop Thinlits.

I trimmed the Paper Rose Enchanting Christmas patterned paper included in the kit to 4" x 5.1/4" and changed the colour using Simon Says Pine Pawsitively Saturated ink applied with a mini round blending tool.
I inked the individual snowflakes from Simon Says Don't Flurry, Be Happy stamp set with Pine Pawsitively Saturated ink, stamped randomly around the edges and added shading around the panel with same ink.
I die-cut the Spellbinders Merry Mug dies from Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Simon Says Cherry Pawsitively Saturated ink and assembled. I fixed the mug in place with Distress Collage Medium, popped the front of the mug up on foam squares to create dimension and added splatters of White Gesso over the panel.
I die-cut Simon Says Two Stems and Berries dies from Distress Watercolor Card, coloured with Simon Says Celery, Pearfection and Cherry Pawsitively Saturated inks, assembled and fixed behind the mug with Distress Collage Medium. I fixed berries to the centres of the snowflakes and added a black dot using a Black Sakura Glaze Pen.
I die-cut the alphabet letters from Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Hippity Hop Thinlits and added a die-cut heart from the Merry Mug set, coloured with Cherry Pawsitively Saturated Ink. I fixed a Simon Says Birthday Bold Acetate Sentiment Strip to a scrap of white card, trimmed and fixed to the bottom of the panel.
To finish I added a Trinity Stamps Creamy Vanilla Heart Sprinkle to the centre of the heart and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.

I'll be back soon to share more makes but in the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: