Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tim Holtz/Sizzix 2024 Vault Collection - Wildflowers Pillow Box

Hello my friends, I'm back to share the pillow box I decorated for the YouTube Live launch of the Tim Holtz/Sizzix 2024 Vault Collection release using the Pillow Box/Bag and Wildflowers Thinlits.

I die-cut the pillow box from Distress White HeavyStock, you need to cut two pieces to create the box and folded on the score lines created by the die. I die-cut the leaf stem multiple times from the same card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Wildflowers Thinlits and fixed to the pillow box using Distress Collage Medium to create a random textured effect.
I painted the pillow box with Rustic Wilderness Distress Paint and drybrushed repeatedly with coats of Twisted Citron mixed with Rustic Wilderness, Twisted Citron mixed with White Gesso and finally White Gesso on it's own, drying between layers, until I was happy with the result. I fixed strong double sided adhesive tape to the flaps on the box and assembled.
I tied twine around the box, die-cut the flower and stems from Distress Watercolor card using the Wildflowers Thinlits. I layered the flowers together to create dimension, coloured with Dusty Concord, Twisted Citron and Rustic Wilderness Distress Reinkers and fixed to the box using foam squares. I coloured the leaf stems with Dusty Concord Distress Reinker and fixed in place behind the flower with Distress Collage Medium. I took the ends of the twine from behind the flower and tied in a bow
I inked the raised edges of the label die from the Pillow Box/Bag Thinlits with Dusty Concord Distress Archival ink and die-cut from Distress Watercolor card. I coloured the centre section of the label with a wash of Dusty Concord Distress Re-inker, added an Idea-ology Specimen Remnant Rub and fixed to the box with foam squares.


I'll be sharing more makes with the rest of the dies in this amazing collection, have fun when your dies arrive.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Kath, really appreciate the time invested in this project. Your projects for this release from Tim and Sizzix are stunning! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete