Saturday, January 6, 2024

Tim Holtz/Sizzix 2024 Vault Collection - Funky Floral Wreath

Hello my friends, if you've just come from the YouTube Live launch of the new Tim Holtz/Sizzix 2024 Vault Collection release, I can't tell you how excited I am that Tim has brought back some of his and my favourite dies, reimagined and resized to celebrate 15 years with Sizzix. I'm sharing the set of "A Card For All Seasons" cards I made for the Live using the gorgeous Vault Funky Floral Wreath Thinlits and the alphabet from Vault Hippity Hop Thinlits. Floral dies are so versatile and I had great fun changing up the colour palette and the placement of the die cuts on the wreaths to get a different look.

I began by fixing Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to Distress Watercolor card and die-cut multiples of the wreath and flowers using the Vault Funky Floral Wreath Thinlits.
I coloured the wreaths, flowers, greenery and bows using Distress Re-inkers with a Detailer Waterbrush and placed them temporarily on the backgrounds I had created from Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Distress Oxide inks in Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter colours.
Once I was happy with the placement, I fixed the wreaths, greenery, bows and some of the flowers in place with Distress Collage Medium and added foam squares to the rest of the flowers to add dimension.
I die-cut the Season words from Distress Watercolor card 3 times using the alphabet from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Hippity Hop Thinlits, stacked to create dimension and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. 
I coloured scraps of Distress Watercolor card to match the backgrounds on the Spring and Winter cards. I inked the label die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Pillow Box and Bag Thinlits with Distress Archival ink to match the background and die-cut. I stamped partial sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Simple Sayings, inked with Barn Door Distress Archival on the Winter card label and Ground Espresso Archival ink on the Spring card label and above the die-cut letters on the Fall Card. I fixed the labels in place with Distress Collage Medium and trimmed the excess.
I trimmed the panels to 4" x 5.1/4", rounded the corners and fixed to A2 white card blanks, also with rounded corners.



I'll be back tomorrow to share what I made with the Vault Pillow + Bag and Wildflowers Thinlits.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Such lovely wreath cards!! 4 cards, one for each season, all watercolored differently, so pretty!! Inspiring! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete