Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Simon Says - Don't Flurry, Be Happy January Card Kit

Hello my friends, I was super duper excited when Simon Says January Card Kit arrived in the mail, what's not to love about this beautiful snowflake themed kit and with heavy snow forecast tonight in my neck of the woods, it looks like there might be snowflakes indoors as well as outdoors. At the time of writing, the kit is still available but, if you wish, you can also purchase the individual items HERE.


I took inspiration from the Seedless Preserves Distress Embossing Glaze, included in the kit, to create two cards using the Cheery Snowflakes Embossing Folder and Harmony Snowflakes dies also from the kit.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", smooshed Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and dragged the panel through the ink. I tapped the panel repeatedly back into the ink to pick up the remaining droplets and dried. I placed the panel in Simon Says Cheery Snowflakes Embossing Folder, ran through my die-cutting machine and sanded the raised areas to reveal the white core and highlight the details.
I was a little bit too enthusiastic with the sanding and tore the edge of the panel. So I tore it all the way across and fixed to an A2 white card blank. I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Don't Flurry, Be Happy stamp set, inked with Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink, sprinkled with the Seedless Preserves Embossing Glaze and heat set.
Inspired by my friend Amy Rysavy, I fixed the left over torn panel to the inside of the card.
I stamped the sentiments from the stamp set on the inside, inked with Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink and Simon Says Intense Black ink.
I die-cut Simon Says Harmony Snowflakes from Distress Watercolor card, fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium and added Simon Says Rainbow Splash Frosted Drops, also from the kit, in the centres.
To finish I matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank


I die-cut Simon Says Harmony Snowflakes from masking paper and fixed to a panel of Distress Watercolor card, trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4".
I dipped the panel into a puddle of Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink as before and repeated to pick up the remaining droplets of ink.
I removed the masks and stamped the sentiment, inked with Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink, sprinkled with Seedless Preserves Embossing Glaze and heat set.
I added splatters of Frozen Fog Distress Mica Stain
I added Pink Fresh Studio Starry Sky Ombre Glitter drops to the snowflake centres
To finish I fixed the panel to a top folding A2 white card blank
Have fun with whatever you're making
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. So right Kath this set is stunning as is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Kath, gorgeous colours and I do love a good tear up, always looks good to me.
    Happy new year. xx

    ReplyDelete