Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Miss Memory's 2024 Notebook

Hi my friends, I'm sure I'm not alone when I confess that I have the worst memory and am, therefore, a prolific list maker relying on notebooks, calendars and post it notes to make life run smoothly. But even that doesn't guarantee anything, I will write a shopping list, head to the shops only to discover I've left the darned thing on the kitchen table and nine times out of ten, arrive home with bags of groceries but not the one item that was at the top of the list. So, first priority at the start of the year is to decorate the all important Miss Memory notebook using Concord&9th Tweet Life stamps and stencils, Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Lovebirds for the branches and alphabet letters from Vault Hippity Hop Thinlits.

I began by applying Black Gesso around the edges of the cover on a 5" x 7" rather garishly patterned notebook.
I trimmed 49andMarket Painted Foundations Gardenia 6" x 8" papers to be slightly smaller than the notebook cover and inked the edges using Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool.
I applied Tumbled Glass and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide inks with Distress Blending Brushes using the large bird stencil from Concord&9th Tweet Life Stencils and stamped the details using the Tweet Life stamp set, inked with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink.
I stencilled the smaller birds using Abandoned Coral/Barn Door and Shaded Lilac/Dusty Concord Distress Oxide inks and stamped the details with Black Soot Distress Archival.
I coloured Distress Watercolour card with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool, die-cut the branches using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Lovebirds Thinlits and fixed in place using Distress Collage Medium.
I die-cut the alphabet letters from Distress Watercolor card coloured with matching inks, using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Hippity Hop Thinlits and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.
I stencilled the last bird using Fossilized Amber and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide inks and stamped the details using Black Soot Distress Archival. To add interest to the background, I applied 49andMarket Spectrum Gardenia and Hero Arts Collage Background Transfers.
I fixed the panels to the front and back of the notebook using Distress Collage Medium and a Distress Collage Brush and added Idea-ology Fabric Tape over the spine. I did die-cut the alphabet letters again from the same papers but darkened with Dusty Concord and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks to make the letters more prominent.



Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone in this one Kath, I forget everything and have stick it notes and have even written on my hand to try to remember stuff, which washes off and I am done :))
    Love the note book, it looks amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete