Friday, January 19, 2024

Scorched Timber + Speckled Egg

Hi my friends, I decided to have a little fun, match up the newest Tim Holtz Distress Colour, Scorched Timber with Speckled Egg, one of my all time favourites. I used Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Dapper, Grime Mini Layering Stencil, Distress Embossing Glazes, Sizzix Gentlemen and Vault Lovebirds Thinlits and Idea-ology Clippings Sticker Book to create a grungy Valentine card.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", smooshed my favourite Distress Custom Blend ink pad (Antique Linen/Old Paper Distress Re-inkers and Speckled Egg/Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Re-inkers) on to my Tim Holtz Media Mat and spritzed with water. I dragged the panel through the inks, dried and repeatedly tapped back into the inks to pick up the remaining droplets.
I stamped the Merchant Tailor banner from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Dapper, inked with Scorched Timber Distress Ink, sprinkled with the Scorched Timber Embossing Glaze and heat set. I stamped the gear image from the stamp set with Scorched Timber Distress Oxide and dried the panel with my heat tool. I stamped the numbers image, inked with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide, sprinkled with the Speckled Egg Embossing Glaze and heat set.
I applied Ranger Transparent Matte Texture Paste randomly on the panel using the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Grime Mini Layering Stencil from Set 43 and while the paste was wet, sprinkled with Scorched Timber and Speckled Egg Distress Embossing Glazes, tapped on the back to mix the powders and heat set once the paste was dry.
I spritzed Scorched Timber Distress Spray Stain and Distress Oxide Spray on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, spritzed with water, dried and die-cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Gentlemen Thinlits. I sanded the edges of the die-cut and fixed to the panel popped up on foam squares to create dimension.
I fixed Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Clippings Stickers in place with Distress Collage Medium and added shading aroud the edges using the Scorched Timber Distress Watercolor Pencil.
I coloured a scrap of Distress Watercolor card with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink using the direct to paper method, sprinkled with Speckled Egg Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set. I die-cut the umbrella from this card and Idea-ology Metallic KraftStock using the Gentlemen Thinlits and hearts using Vault Lovebirds Thinlits
To finish, I matted the panel on to Distress Black HeavyStock, trimmed 1/8" larger and fixed to a top folding A2 Cream card blank.

Have  a great weekend whatever you have planned. I'm still marooned in a freezing snowy wilderness and there's no better place to hang out than the cosy cubbyhole, crafting with lots of coffee and hot chocolate. It's a hard life but someone's got to do it.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Kath, love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having that same hard life at the moment...LOL. Love the background, Scorched "Tim"ber is the best brown, ever!

    ReplyDelete