Monday, March 4, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Mr Rabbit

Hello my friends, I have a confession. A certain gentleman known as Mr Rabbit has absolutely stolen my heart and if you watched the YouTube Live launch of the latest stamp set and dies from Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous and Simon Says Stamp, you'll know why. What an adorable image, look at that sweet face and the detail is amazing. I made an Easter theme card with Mr Rabbit as the star of the show and used the rest of images to create texture and background accents.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 5" x 7", inked the distressed plaid image from the Mr Rabbit stamp set with Distress Embossing Ink, sprinkled with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I sprayed Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber Distress Spray Stains on to my Media Mat, spritzed with water and tapped the panel into the inks repeatedly, drying between layers.

I repeated the process with Mustard Seed and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Sprays.
I stamped Mr Rabbit, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink as a placement guide on the panel because, no way was I attempting to fussy cut around those whiskers.
I inked the Easter Ephemera image with Vintage Photo, the dots with Crackling Campfire Distress Archival Inks and stamped randomly over the background.
I stamped Mr Rabbit again on to Distress Watercolor card, inked with Vintage Photo Distress Archival, sprinkled with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I coloured with Gathered Twigs, Pumice Stone, Speckled Egg and Crackling Campfire Distress Watercolor Pencils, picking the colours up from the point of the pencils with a Detailer Water Brush and fussy cut, much easier to do without worrying about the whiskers.
I die-cut Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Wildflowers Thinlits from Distress Watercolor card and Sizzix Surfacez and coloured with Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks using Distress Tiny Blending Tools.
I fixed Mr Rabbit in place with foam squares, fixed the greenery behind his head and at the bottom of the panel overlapping his jacket using Distress Collage Medium and added the flowers popped up on foam squares.

I trimmed the panel to 4.3/4" x 6.3/4", fixed to Distress Kraft HeavyStock trimmed 1/8" larger with machine stitching and added random zig zag stitching around the edges.
To finish I added an Idea-ology Quote Chip Label and fixed the panel to a 5" x 7" white card blank.


He reminds me so much of Thumper, a rabbit I had as a child, an expert escapologist who, no matter how secure you thought his hutch was, would become Houdini overnight and turn up next morning in neighbouring gardens, happily tucking in to the variety of veggie treats on offer.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful and amazing! I recently (just last week) found your blog, and I am in awe of your talent. The minute I scanned your projects, my heart started to sing, and I immediately saved your blog in my bookmarks so that I could have something enjoyable to look at everyday. You are extraordinarily talented and unique, and I LOVE Mr. rabbit!

    ReplyDelete