Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Simon Says - Floating Flowers

Hello my friends, I decided to have another play with Simon Says Stamp Floating Flowers Embossing Folder from the April Card Kit using a direct to paper technique which always packs a punch.

I spritzed Fossilized Amber, Evergreen  Bough and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Sprays on to my Tim Holtz Media Surface Mat, spritzed with water, tapped the panel into the spray repeatedly and dried between layers until I was happy with the coverage. I placed the panel in the Floating Flowers Embossing Folder so that the colour would be on the debossed side and ran it through my die-cutting machine.
I dragged the Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink pad over the panel and although this is an old technique, normally done with Black, any dark colour will work and I prefer brown with the soft spring colours.
I coloured scraps of Distress Watercolor card with Scorched Timber Distress Ink and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink using the direct to paper technique and die-cut the shadow and word using Simon Says Hello die.
I die-cut Simon Says Daisy Heads from Distress Watercolor card, added shading with Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink, coloured the flower centres with Scorched Timber Distress Ink using Tiny Blending Tools and assembled.
I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4", fixed the die-cuts in place with Distress Collage Medium and matted on to an A2 white card blank.


I'll be back tomorrow to share Floating Flowers Take 2 where I used my Distress Watercolor Pencil palettes to create a riot of colour.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment