Saturday, March 23, 2024

Wild and Free Flowers

Hello my friends, I'm back to share another two cards made using the beautiful images from the Simon Says Stamp Wild and Free Flowers stamp set in the April Card Kit, coloured with Distress Watercolor Pencils. I did warn you that I am a sucker for floral images so there may be more makes with this stamp set coming your way. You can find all the details for the April Card Kit HERE

Both cards are made in the same way, just using different colours of Distress Watercolor Pencils. I began by stamping the images and sentiments from the Wild and Free stamp set, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink on to 4" x 5.1/4" panels of Distress Watercolor card.

On the first card, I picked up the pigment from the Tumbled Glass Distress Watercolor Pencil with a Detailer Water Brush to create a light wash on the background and dried.
I coloured the flowers and leaves in the same way using Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Gathered Twigs, Bundled Sage and Pine Needles Distress Watercolour Pencils, dried between layers and applied more colour to add shading. 
I drew around the images with the Tumbled Glass Distress Watercolor Pencils to add depth and softened the lines with the Detailer Water Brush. I used a Sakura Black Glaze Pen to accentuate the stamens.
To finish I applied Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink around the edges of the panel using a Mini Round Blending Tool and fixed to an A2 white card blank.

I used a Bundled Sage Distress Watercolor Pencil to create the background wash on the second card.
I coloured the flowers and leaves using Spun Sugar, Abandoned Coral, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint Distress Watercolor Pencils.
I used a Sakura Black Glaze Pen to accentuate the stamens as before
I inked around the edges of the panel with Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink using a Mini Round Blending Tool and fixed to a top folding A2 white card blank.

Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge. Have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment