Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Simon Says - Floating Flowers -Take 2

Hello my friends, I'm back to share a bright, cheerful and way more colourful version of yesterday's card using Simon Says Floating Flowers Embossing Folder from the April Card Kit, coloured with my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette and Simon Says Intense Black ink...shades at the ready !!!

I spritzed a panel of Distress Watercolor card with water, placed in the Floating Flowers Embossing Folder and ran through my die-cutting machine.
I added droplets of water to the wells in my Distress Watercolor Pencils palettes, mixed and painted the flowers and leaves on the debossed side of the panel with a Detailer Water brush and dried. There is no need to keep within the lines for this technique, in fact it is better not to so that no white shows when you move on to the next technique. The colours used are Picked Raspberry, Crackling Campfire, Dusty Concord, Fossilized Amber, Salty Ocean and Peeled Paint. If you haven't created a palette, you could pick up the colour from the pencil with a wet brush.
I dragged Simon Says Intense Black ink pad over the panel, dried and used a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen to accent the small dots and coloured some of the flower centres with a Sakura Black Glaze Pen'
I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and matted on to Simon Says Sunshine cardstock trimmed 1/8" larger. I die-cut the Hello Shadow from Vellum and the word from the Sunshine cardstock, layered and fixed to the panel by applying adhesive behind the letters.
I added a Simon Says Best Friends Reverse Sentiment Strip and matted the panel on an A2 white card blank.

This was a bit out of my comfort zone and I was ready to give up until I added the black on top and the magic happened - now I rather like it. Have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment