Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Halloween Whatnots

Hello my friends, I'm back to share the third project I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween release. If you missed the Live, you can always catch up with the new stamps and stencils and all the amazing inspiration from the Makers over on Tim's YouTube Channel and Blog.

I made 3 acetate cards using Halloween Whatnots to create tone on tone backgrounds and embossed sentiments.

I began by trimming Distress Black Heavystock and White cardstock to A2 and fixed the black panel on the inside of pre-made A2 acetate cards from Simon Says stamp and the white panels on the back of the cards. I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to create 3 - 4" x 5.1/4" panels and coloured with Crackling Campfire/Spiced \Marmalade, Wilted Violet/Villainous Potion and Twisted Citron/ Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks. I inked the Halloween Whatnots with Crackling Campfire, Villainous Potion Distress Oxide inks, stamped repeatedly over the backgrounds, sprinkled with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I repeated the process on the green background, inked with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink. I stamped the Something Wicked sentiment and the cobweb from Boo Crazy with Black Soot Distress Oxide on the orange background and heat set with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder.
I fixed the panels on the inside of the cards. I stamped the cobweb and Whatnots sentiments on the front of the acetate cards, inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Ranger White Detail embossing powder and heat set.
I fixed strong double sided adhesive to both sides of Distress Black HeavyStock, peeled back the carrier sheet and sprinkled with Distress Glitter Nightfall. If you don't have this glitter, you can make your own using Distress Rock Candy Glitter and Pitch Black Alcohol Ink. I placed the card in to folded copy paper and ran through my die cutting machine to make sure the glitter was fixed firmly in place. I then die-cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Wicked and Gothic Portraits Thinlits and fixed to the front of the cards.
To finish I punched two holes on the edges of the cards, threaded through black ribbon and tied in a knot to secure.



I'll be back soon to share more makes using the fabulous stamps and stencils from the Halloween release and I'm sure you'll have fun too when yours arrive.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Halloween colours and images Kath, just love these. xx

    ReplyDelete