Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Fright Night Etcetera Tag

Hello my friends, I'm back to share the third project I made for the Tim Holtz YouTube Live launch of the resized and reimagined Vault Halloween release with Sizzix. If you missed the Live, you can catch up with all the new dies and amazing projects from the Makers on Tim's YouTube channel and Blog.

I used the Fright Night and Foliage Wreath Thinlits to decorate a Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini  Etcetera Tag and added Idea-ology Tiny Lights to create that spooky ghosty effect.

I began by die-cutting the ghosts from Distress Watercolor card, tapped the die-cuts into Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain, layered to create dimension and added scraps of Distress Black HeavyStock behind the eyes and mouths.
I die-cut the branches from Distress Black Two-Tone Woodgrain card and layered to create dimension.
I selected a window from the Idea-ology Baseboards Window Frames pack and applied Distress Texture Paste Opaque Crackle randomly on the frame using a palette knife.
Once the paste had dried, I fixed a panel of Idea-ology Shattered Windows behind the frame and trimmed off the excess.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to be slightly larger than the Etcetera Tag and embossed using the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Brickwork 3D Texture Fade. I roughly marked where the window would be and trimmed out the aperture. I painted the panel with Hickory Smoke and Lost Shadow Distress Paints and applied Distress Crypt Grit Paste randomly on the brick texture. I fixed Idea-ology Mummy Cloth behind the window and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I dry brushed the texture with Lost Shadow and Twisted Citron Distress Paints. I trimmed the panel to be slightly smaller than the Etcetera Tag and added Black Soot Distress Paint to the edges. I fixed Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Etcetera Stacking Strips to the edges of the Etcetera Tag to create space for Idea-ology Tiny Lights. I fixed a panel of Idea-ology Halloween Backdrops paper to show through the window and painted the Etcetera Tag and Stacking Strips with Black Gesso.
I fixed the ghosts and branches in place with Distress Collage Medium, added moss and sentiments cut from Idea-ology Halloween Label Tape.
I drilled a hole on the back of the Etcetera Tag, fed the Idea-ology Tiny Lights through and fixed on the back of the front panel using dots of hot glue - being careful not to let the hot glue touch the actual lights or it's game over and start again time. Once I was happy with the placement and that the lights were working, I fixed the panel to the Etcetera Tag using Distress Collage Medium.
I coloured scraps of Distress Watercolor card with Crackling Campfire, Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Sprays and die-cut the flowers and leaves using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Foliage Wreath Thinlits. I die-cut the flower centres from scraps of Distress Black HeavyStock.
I fixed the flowers and leaves in place with foam squares over the holes I punched in the panel to create a glow behind the foliage from the Idea-ology Tiny Lights.



I'm sure I'll be back soon to share more projects using the small but mighty Tim Holtz/Sizzix Halloween release. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. You know what Kath, you are just amazing....The designs you come up with week after week for years have been wonderful to say the least. I love the idea of the tag and the lights and all the texture, just amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So much detail, my mind is still spinning! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete