Thursday, August 22, 2024

Simon Says - September Card Kit

Hello my friends, it's that exciting time of the month when the Simon Says Stamp Card Kit arrives and once again the Chunky Thankful Greetings September Card Kit is full to bursting with a great selection of products.

I'm like a kid in a sweet shop as I unbox it and lay everything out on my workdesk ready for some fun playtime.
I created a card using the large Chunky Thankful Greetings sentiment and the flower and leaf images from the Chunky Thankful Greetings 6" x 8" stamp set.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4" and stamped the Chunky Thankful Greetings sentiment, inked with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink, at the bottom of the panel, to help with the placement of the flowers and leaves. I stamped the leaves inked with Simon Says Dublin and Pine Pawsitively Saturated Mini Ink Cubes, the flower heads with Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink and the flower centres with Simon Says Intense Black ink.

I stamped the Chunky Thankful Greetings on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, inked with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink, sprinkled with Simon Says Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I die-cut using the co-ordinating Chunky Thankful Greetings and fixed to the panel with 3D foam squares to create dimension. The co-ordinating dies are not included in the kit but are available to buy separately on pre-order from Simon Says (linked below).
I stamped and die-cut an extra flower and fixed to the panel. I coloured a scrap of Distress Watercolor card with Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink, stamped the sentiment with Intense Black ink, die-cut and fixed to the panel.
To finish I added splatters of Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink and matted the panel on to an A2 Neenah Desert Storm card blank.
I'll be back soon to share more cards made with some of the other products in the kit. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: