Sunday, August 4, 2024

A Wicked Trio of Cards

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the second project I made for the YouTube Live launch of the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Halloween release. If you watched the Live, you'll know that Tim has brought back some of our favourites dies, resized and reimagined. If you missed the Live you can always catch up with what's new and be inspired by the amazing projects from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel or Blog. I had lots of fun making a trio of cards using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Wicked along with the fabulous spooky gothic alphabet from Vault Coffin Box Thinlits.

I began by die-cutting 3 circles from Distress Watercolor card using a large circle Sizzix die. I smooshed the Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, dragged the circles through the inks, dried, tapped back in to pick up the remaining ink droplets and dried. I added shading around the edges with Scorched Timber Distress Ink using a Tiny Blending Tool. I added splatters of Distress Harvest Moon Mica Spray directly from the nozzle of the bottle and set aside to dry.
I fixed Tim Holtz/Sizzix Adhesive sheets to Distress Black and White HeavyStock, ready for a fun die-cutting adventure with my best friend, the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Sidekick.
I die cut each element from the Vault Wicked Thinlits and the alphabet from the Vault Coffin Box Thinlits 3 times from both the Black and White HeavyStock, to give me lots of options when it came to constructing the cards. I fixed the alphabet die-cuts slightly offset to create a highlight effect. I applied Picket Fence Distress Ink around the witch, the witches hats, the cat, the bats and one side of the moon using a Tiny Blending Tool to soften the black around the edges.
I added googly eyes and die-cut stars to fill out the blank spaces on the circle backgrounds and fixed the circles to 5" square top and side folding white card blanks.


I'm sure you will have as much fun as I did when you start making with these dies. I'll be back soon to share the third and last project I made for the Live.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments: