Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Butterfly Burst Blackout

Hello my friends, I'm back to share another card using products from Simon Says Chunky Thankful Greetings September Card Kit. The kit is still available to purchase or if you wish, you can buy individual items from the kit HERE.

The minute I saw the beautiful Butterfly Burst Embossing Folder included in the kit, I knew it would be perfect to use with the blackout technique.#
I trimmed the Simon Says Cotton Candy cardstock included in the kit in half and scored and folded to make a side folding A2 card. I trimmed the other half to 4" x 5.1/4", embossed with the Butterfly Burst embossing folder and dragged Simon Says Intense Black ink over the debossed side of the panel.
I stamped the small sentiments from the Chunky Thankful Greetings stamp set, inked with Intense Black ink, on the bottom right of the card blank by masking off the words on the top sentiment stamp, only stamping Thank You above the second sentiment.
I stamped the flowers from Chunky Thankful Greetings on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card, inked with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink, added shading with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink using Simon Says Round Detail Blending Brushes. I stamped the stems and foliage, inked with Intense Black ink and die-cut using the co-ordinating dies which are not included in the kit but are available to purchase separately.
I tore the embossed panel at an angle, fixed to the card blank and added splatters of Worn Lipstick Distress Spritz. I fixed the flowers and leaves in place, popped up on foam squares to add dimension, added a black and white twine double bow and decorated with Trinity Stamps Sweet Strawberry Heart Sprinkles.


Have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Stunning Kath, just stunning. Love the black with the pink and those gorgeous flowers, so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete