Friday, August 23, 2024

Simon Says - Rose Winged Butterfly

Hello my friends, I'm back to share another card made using products from Simon Says Chunky Thankful Greetings September Card Kit. The kit is available to purchase HERE and if you wish, you can also purchase individual items from the kit.

I created a card using the Rose-Winged Butterfly die, the Prima In Full Bloom patterned paper, the Chunky Thankful Greetings stamp set and A2 acetate cards, all included in the kit.
I trimmed one of the sheets of the Prima In Full Bloom 6" x 6" patterned papers to 4" x 5.1/4" and fixed inside the acetate card, flipped the card over and fixed the same size panel of white cardstock on the back.
I die-cut the Rose-Winged Butterfly from Distress Black HeavyStock, added splatters of Distress Gilded Foundry Wax, heat set, removed the inner sections leaving just the outline and fixed to the front of the acetate card. I coloured a scrap of Distress Watercolor card with Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord Distress Oxide inks and die-cut the butterfly again and fixed the inner sections into the negative spaces on the butterfly.
I stamped one of the flower images from the Chunky Thankful Greetings stamp set inked with Milled Lavender and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide inks, shaded with Dusty Concord and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks using Simon Says Round Detail Blending Brushes. I stamped the leaves, sentiment and flower centres inked with Versafine Onyx Black. I decided to use only the purple flowers and set the others aside to use on another project.
I fixed a thin strip of Distress Black HeavyStock on the inside of the card, die-cut the flowers, leaves and sentiment using the Chunky Thankful Greetings co-ordinating dies which are not included in the kit but available to purchase separately. I added dots of Distress Gilded Foundry Wax to the flowers, heat set and fixed the leaves in place with Distress Collage Medium and the flowers popped up on foam squares to create dimension.
To finish I added the sentiment die-cut popped up on thin foam strips.


Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned. I'll be joining Tim, Mario and lots of crafty friends over on Tim's YouTube Channel for the live launch party of the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween release and will be sharing one of the projects I made here on my blog after the Live. Hope to see you there - 9AM PT, 12PM ET and 5PM UK.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: