Sunday, August 25, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Boo Crazy

Hello my friends, I'm back to share the trio of cards I made for the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous YouTube Live launch of the Halloween release using the super cute ghosts and sentiments from Boo Crazy on Alcohol Ink backgrounds. The Boo Crazy Family all dressed up and ready to party, apart from Dad who does look a tad grumpy.

I began by trimming Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink White Yupo to create 3 - 4.5" x 6.5" panels. I added Blending Solution on to the first panel, drops of Gravel, Smudge, Chronicle and Flannel Alcohol Inks from the new release, moved them around with the Distress Blower, added more ink and blending solution and played around until I was happy with the background.
I inked the cobweb image from Boo Crazy and the sentiments from Halloween What Nots with Alcohol Lift Ink, stamped on to the panel and patted the images repeatedly with kitchen towel until the images appeared as if by magic.
I inked the ghost images from Boo Crazy with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, stamped on to scraps of Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Dura-Lar which is a clear transparent heat tolerant surface, sprinkled with Ranger Black Fine Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I coloured the back of the Dura-Lar with Gravel, Smudge and Snowcap Mixative using a blending tool with felt pad. 
I fussy cut the images leaving a small border around the edge, smeared the back with Ranger Glossy Accents using my finger, fixed to scraps of Distress Watercolor card and fussy cut again.
I repeated the process with the sentiments from Boo Crazy, fixed to Distress Black HeavyStock and trimmed to leave a small border.
I used Cosmopolitan, Juniper and Chronicle Alcohol Inks on the second panel

and Yonder, Flannel and Chronicle Alcohol Inks on the third panel.
I applied Distress Black Texture Paste through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bats Layering Stencil on all 3 panels and stitched around the edges with black thread to attach to 5" x 7" panels of Distress Black HeavyStock.
I fixed the ghosts and sentiments to the panels popped up on 3d foam pads to create dimension and added hats and ties die-cut from scraps of Distress Black HeavyStock and coloured Dura-Lar using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Tailored Thinlits. I spritzed Tim Holtz Idea-ology Bouquet Findings with water and dipped into drops of Cosmopolitan, Juniper and Chronicle Alcohol Inks, dried and fixed to the panel with a hot glue gun. 
To finish I matted the panels on to 5" x 7" white card blanks.


I'll be back soon to share the 3rd project I made for the Live, in the meantime, Happy Stampers Anonymous Shopping and have fun when your stamps and stencils arrive.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments: