Saturday, August 24, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Spooky Spirits

Hello my friends, if you've popped over from the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween release, you'll know that Tim has done it again with amazing stamp sets and stencils. If you missed the Live you can check out the new products and inspiration from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel and Blog. I created a gatefold card to reveal a fun haunting of spooky ghosts inside using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Spooky Spirits, Curator, the cobweb from Boo Crazy, Moon Layering Mask and Bats Mini Layering Stencil from Set 61.


I trimmed Distress Black Heavystock to create 2 - 9" x 6" panels, scored at 3" on the long side and fixed together to create a gatefold card. I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to create 3 - 5.3/4" square panels, one for the inside back of the card and the other 2 to be trimmed in half to make 4 side panels for the front and inside of the card.
I fixed the largest Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Moon Mask temporarily to 2 of the panels and coloured using Ripe Persimmon, Frayed Burlap and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide inks. With the mask still in place, I used Scorched Timber Distress Ink and a Tiny Blending Tool to create a shadow around the moon. I placed the detail Moon Mask in place and applied Rusty Hinge and Scorched Timber. I trimmed 2 of the panels to create the side panels and applied Scorched Timber Distress Ink around the edges of all the panels using a Tiny Blending Tool. I added splatters of Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide ink and Ominous Twilight Distress Mica Spray.
I inked Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Curator with Villainous Potion Distress Archival ink and with the stamp still on the backing sheet, stamped randomly over all the panels.
I applied Distress Black Opague Texture Paste through the Bats Mini Layering Stencil from Set 61.
I inked the cobweb from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Boo Crazy with Black Soot Distress Archival ink and stamped randomly on all the panels.
I stamped all the ghost images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Spooky Spirits on to Distress Watercolor card, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink. I sprayed Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Spray Stain on to my Glass Media Mat, sprayed the images with water, used a paintbrush to drop the Oxide Spray Stain on to the images, let the water work it's magic and dried.
I used my trusty Recoil Mini Snips to fussy cut all the ghosts, a simple shape which is pretty easy to cut out.
I fixed the front panels in place with Distress Collage Medium and added one of the ghosts. I die-cut the letters from Distress Black HeavyStock and Distress Watercolor card using the alphabet from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Coffin Box Thinlits and fixed in place slightly offset to create a shadow effect.
I die-cut circles from Distress Black HeavyStock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Tiles Circle Thinlits, fixed in place and used Black and White Bakers Twine to close.
I inked the circle images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Curator with Black Soot Distress Archival, stamped on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, coloured to match the background, fussy cut and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.
I fixed the rest of the ghosts to the panels on the inside of the card using Distress Collage Medium and 3D foam pads to create dimension.
I inked the sentiments from Spooky Spirits with Black Soot Distress Archival, stamped on to a scrap of card, coloured to match the ghosts, fussy cut and fixed to the inside panels.

I inked the letters from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Sign Painter with Black Soot Distress Archival, stamped on to heat resistant acetate, sprinkled with Ranger Black Embossing Powder, heat set and fussy cut. I attached Bakers Twine to the large ghost and fixed the letters in place with strips of black 3D foam.
To finish I added hats and masks to the ghosts from Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Halloween Curiosities Sticker Book and ties die-cut from Distress Black HeavyStock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Crazy Things Thinlits.





I'll be back tomorrow to share another make for the Live, in the meantime have fun with whatever you're making and enjoy the rest of your weekend,,
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: