Monday, September 23, 2024

Tim Holtz/Ranger - Distress Embossing Glazes

Hello my friends, there is exciting news - 6 new colours of Distress Embossing Glazes have joined the Distress family - Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Tumbled Glass, Evergreen Bough, Shaded Lilac and Frayed Burlap. But before I fell down the playtime rabbit hole, this obsessed with organising crafter had to get the housekeeping out of the way and make the all important go-to swatches.

Then the fun began. I created 2 cards and instantly fell in love with two colours I very rarely reach for - how beautiful and subtle are Dried Marigold and Shaded Lilac when paired with the corresponding Distress Embossing Glazes.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to create 2 - 4" 5.1/4" panels and applied a light wash of Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink to create neutral backgrounds.
I inked the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Ledger Script background with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink and holding the stamp in my hand, stamped randomly on the panels.
I stamped the leaf image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous French Garden, inked with Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide ink, sprinkled randomly with Frayed Burlap Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set.
I placed the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Splotches Layering Stencil on the panel and filled in some circles randomly with a Distress Embossing Pen, sprinkled with Dried Marigold and Frayed Burlap Distress Embossing Glaze, tapped my fingers on the back of the panel to mix the powders and heat set.
I coloured a scrap of Distress Watercolor card using Dried Marigold Distress Oxide ink and a mini round blending tool, stamped the image from French Garden using Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink, sprinkled randomly with Dried Marigold Embossing Glaze and heat set. I fussy cut around the image and fixed to the panel with foam squares to create dimension.
To finish the first card, I inked lightly around the edges with Dried Marigold Distress Oxide ink, matted the panel on to an A2 panel of Simon Says Dark Chocolate cardstock and fixed to a top folding A2 white card blank.
I followed exactly the same steps for the second card using Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass and Mustard Seed Distress Embossing Glazes, matted the panel on to an A2 panel of  Simon Says Lilac Cardstock and fixed to an A2 top folding white card blank.



Have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment