Saturday, September 28, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Mr Frostie

Hello my friends, if you've just come from the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous release, oh boy, I just know that, like me, you will have fallen in love with everything in the release. If you missed the Live, you can always catch up with all the fabulous stamps and stencils and the amazing inspiration from the Makers over on Tim's YouTube Channel and Blog. It was so hard to know where to start when this delicious red rubber bundle arrived in the cubbyhole but I do have a thing for snowmen and snowflakes so I created a card, envelope and tags with the absolutely adorable Mr Frostie, that face just melts my heart.

I began by stamping Mr Frostie, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink, on to a 6" x 6" panel of Distress Watercolor card and masking paper.
I trimmed the mask and placed on top of the stamped image and added a snow bank trimmed from the masking paper. I smooshed Uncharted Mariner and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks on to my Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios White Studio Mat, spritzed with water, picked the inks up on a piece of plastic and pressed on to the panel repeatedly until I was happy with the coverage.
I removed the masks, stamped the tree branch, inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink, the snowflakes inked with Uncharted Mariner and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks, sprinkled with the matching Distress Embossing Glazes and heat set.
I flicked splatters of Distress Resist spray on to the panel, sprinkled with Ranger Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and heat set.
I coloured the snowman using Distress Re-inkers with a Distress Detailer Brush, adding Seedless Preserves to his scarf and hatband to add a pop of colour.
I stamped the sentiment inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink, trimmed the panel to 5.3/42 square and inked around the edge with Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool. I fixed to Distress Kraft HeavyStock trimmed 1/8" larger and fixed to a 6" x 6" white card blank.

I inked the snowflakes with the same Distress Oxide colours and stamped on to the front and back flap of a 6" x 6" envelope. I stamped the frame from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, inked with Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide, ready to address to the recipient.
Of course, I couldn't leave out the adorable head shot image of Mr Frostie and created some simple tags.
I die-cut a selection of tags from Distress Kraft HeavyStock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Tags Thinlits, stamped the smaller tags with snowflakes and a sentiment using Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink, Versamark ink and White Embossing Powder. I stamped Mr Frostie on to the third tag, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival and coloured with Picket Fence, Spiced Marmalade and Uncharted Mariner Distress Watercolor Pencils. On the fourth tag, I stamped Mr Frostie on to Distress Watercolor card, inked with Versafine Onyx Black, sprinkled with Ranger Black Embossing Powder and heat set. I coloured with Distress Watercolor Pencils and trimmed to leave a small border around the edge. I coloured Idea-ology Mummy Cloth with Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide Spray and fixed around his neck as a scarf. I fixed to Distress Kraft Heavystock with Distress Collage Medium and trimmed around the edge again leaving a small border. I repeated this step again on Distress Watercolor card. I fixed eyelets to the first 3 tags, punched a hole on the last tag and added white/silver sparkly twine.



I'll be back tomorrow to share what else I made for the Live using another favourite. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making and happy Stampers Anonymous Christmas release shopping.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment