Saturday, September 7, 2024

Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Winter Wishes

Hello my friends, if you've just come from the YouTube Live launch of the new Christmas release from Tim Holtz and Sizzix, you'll know that we have more reimagined and resized favourites back from the Vault. If you missed the Live you can always catch up with the release and all the fabulous inspiration from the Makers over on Tim's YouTube Channel and Blog.

I created a trio of cards for the Live using the gorgeous snowflake, adorable snowman and ice skates from the Vault Winter Wishes Thinlits and the alphabet from the Vault Seasonal Sketch Thinlits.

I began by creating the backgrounds for the 3 cards. I smooshed Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink on to the media mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and dragged an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card through the ink, dried and tapped back in to the remaining ink droplets repeatedly, drying between layers. I trimmed Distress Black HeavyStock to create an A2 panel, added splatters of Wilted Violet Distress Spritz and Frozen Fog Distress Mica Spray to both panels and dried.
I die-cut the snowflake from the panel using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Winter Wishes Thinlits. I fixed Tim Holtz/Sizzix Sticky Grid to the bottom of the panel, arranged the alphabet letters from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Seasonal Sketch Thinits and die-cut.
I die-cut the snowflake 3 times from masking paper and fixed to an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card for the third background.
I blended Broken China and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks over the panel using Distress Tiny Blending Tools, spritzed with water and dried. As before, I added splatters of Wilted Violet Distress Spritz and Frozen Fog Distress Mica Spray.
I trimmed the Wilted Violet background to 4" x 5.1/4" and matted on to Distress Black HeavyStock trimmed 1/8" larger. I added the negative pieces from the centre of the snowflake back in place  using Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut the Winter Wishes snowman from Distress Watercolor card, card coloured with Broken China Distress Oxide ink, card coloured with Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink and brown cardstock, assembled and fixed above the die-cut sentiment with Distress Collage Medium. To finish I added stars and words from Idea-ology Christmas Remnant Rubs and matted on to a top folding A2 white card blank.

I fixed the die-cut the snowflake, extra snowflakes and the cut out letters from the first card to the Black Distress HeavyStock background, added another snowman, centres from the snowflake die cut from Distress Watercolor card, added an Idea-ology ChitChat Sticker. I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and fixed to an A2 white card blank.
I die-cut the ice skates from Distress Watercolor card, dark grey card and silver Idea-ology Metallic KraftStock, assembled and used white thread to add the laces and bows. I fixed the skates in place popped up on foam squares. I die-cut the snowflake again from the silver Idea-ology Metallic KraftStock and used the negative heart shaped centres to decorate the background. I die-cut the word Winter 3 times from Distress Watercolor card using the alphabet from Seasonal Sketch, layered to create dimension and fixed to the panel using Distress Collage Medium. I added stars and word from Idea-ology Christmas Remnant Rubs and additional splatters of Wilted Violet Distress Spritz. I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5,1/4", fixed to Black Distress HeavyStock, trimmed 1/8" larger and fixed to a top folding A2 white card blank.




I'll be back tomorrow to share the other cards I made for the Live, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: