Sunday, September 8, 2024

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Seasonal Sketch

Hello my friends, I'm back to share the acetate cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Christmas "back from the vault" release using the Vault Seasonal Sketch Thinlits. If you missed the Live, you can catch up on the new release and the amazing inspiration from the Makers over on Tim's YouTube Channel and Blog.

I scored, folded and trimmed heavyweight acetate sheets to create A2 side and top folding cards, fixed 4" x 5.1/4" panels of Idea-ology Christmas paper from my stash to the inside with strong double sided tape.
I fixed Tim Holtz Sizzix Adhesive sheets to Distress Watercolor card and Gold Idea-ology Metallic KraftStock and die-cut the flowers, leaves, berries and alphabet letters using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Seasonal Sketch Thinlits.
I fixed the gold die-cuts to the panels on the inside of the cards and fixed a panel of Distress Watercolor card on the back of the acetate card to hide the adhesive on the inside panel.
I also die-cut accents from the Gold Idea-ology KraftStock.
I coloured Distress Watercolor card with Barn Door and Peeled Paint Distress Inks, Distress Oxide inks and Distress Spritz, die-cut the base pieces and alphabet letters twice, layered to create dimension and fixed to the inside panels with Distress Collage Medium. I added splatters of Fossilized Amber Distress Spritz to the panels.
I removed the adhesive backing from the gold and white accents and alphabet letters and with the cards closed, fixed to the acetate fronts slightly offset.

Have fun when your Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault parcel arrives.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: