Sunday, September 29, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Forest Floor 2

Hello my friends, I'm sharing the gift bag and gift card holder I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas release of stamps and stencils, using Forest Floor 2, Santa Visit and Holiday WhatNots. If you missed the Live, you can always watch the replay and check out all the amazing inspiration from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel and Blog.


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to be slightly smaller than the kraft gift bag, smooshed the Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink pad and a Custom Blend ink pad on to the craft mat on my Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios White Studio Mat, spritzed with water, dragged through the inks and dried. I tapped the panel repeately back in to pick up the remaining droplets, drying between each layer until I was happy with the background.
I applied Distress Texture Paste Opaque Crackle through the Tiny Holly Layering Stencil,  sprinkled with Peeled Paint and Lumberjack Plaid Embossing Glazes and heat set once the paste had dried and crackled.
I stamped the calendar from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Santa Visit, inked with Scorched Timber Distress Oxide, sprinkled randomly with the matching Embossing Glaze and heat set.
I stamped the wood slice from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Forest Floor 2 on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, inked with Scorched Timber Distress Oxide ink and Scorched Timber Distress Ink, spritzed lightly with water and fussy cut using Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Mini Recoil Snips.
I stamped the holly image from Forest Floor 2 inked with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, coloured the leaves with Peeled Paint Distress Watercolor Pencil using a Distress Detailer Brush and while the ink was still wet sprinkled with Peeled Paint Embossing Glaze, heat set and fussy cut. I repeated the process for the berries with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink and Embossing Glaze, fussy cut and fixed on top of the original stamping to add dimension.
I fixed the holly to the wood slice using foam squares. I stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Holiday Whatnots on to a scrap of Simon Says Schoolhouse Red cardstock, inked with Versamark, sprinkled with Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder and heat set. I trimmed out the individual words and fixed to the bag with foam squares.
I spritzed Idea-ology Mummy Cloth with Peeled Paint Distress Spray Stain, dried and fixed to the handle of the bag tied in a double bow.

I used exactly the same process to decorate the gift tag holder which I die-cut from Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Collector Thinlits.
I used the Tiny Holly Mini Layering Stencil from Set 62 on this smaller substrate.
I added a closure on the back
I used the smaller sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Home For Christmas and added a stamp from Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Postmarked Sticker Book.
Happy Crafting and have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: