Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Remember The Everyday...

Hi folks...I'm sharing the first project from The Retreat...this was my absolute favourite out of all the projects and the one I decided to repeat on Sunday...a fun technique using Distress Paints...Gesso and Stencils to create a Clip Art Frame Canvas inspired by a fabulous tutorial from the lovely and very talented Paula Cheney which you can see HERE...
a huge thank you to Paula for allowing me to share her techniques on my workshop project...with a few changes here and there to make it fit within the time constraints of the workshop and I think it's fair to say that all our Retreaters loved it...
we had great fun...a tad messy at times but hey ho nothing that baby wipes...Tim's scrubbie and a dunk in a basin of hot soapy water couldn't sort out...


watercolouring my favourite Cone Flower from Tim's gorgeous Flower Garden Stamp Set and a message from us all for a certain Mr Holtz...please please please can we have Thinlits dies for the flowers...

one flower and some of the Friendship Block letters were fixed to the canvas...the other flower and Block word were fixed to the front of the  glass which gave a great 3D effect
that was then and this is now...back to reality so hang on to your galluses...I'm biting the bullet and going in...time to tackle the "not for the faint hearted" job of sorting out the "everything thrown in at the end of a busy but lots of fun weekend" kit...
I'll see you all tomorrow to share Project 2
Hugs Kath xxx