Sunday, September 20, 2015

Tennis and Technology...

Hi folks...by the time you've struggled out from under your duvet...I'll be on my way to Glasgow to cheer on Team GB at the Davis Cup Semi Finals and having watched the last 2 day's play on TV...I'm super duper excited...
sitting comfortably with a coffee...letting Scotrail do the driving...watching the landscape whizz by and thanks to the on board Wi-Fi...able to keep in touch with the outside world...check what you're all up to on Facebook and if I understood what Twitter was all about...would now be reassured that Stephen Fry was alive and well and enjoying his morning cuppa.
Back in the day...I used to look forward to a 3 hour train journey...passing the time in conversation with my fellow travellers...NOW that technology rules our every waking moment...the chances are I'll be sitting within earshot of a mobile phone moron...intent on telling everyone on their speed dial list where they are...what they're doing or where they're going and always in a booming voice so that everyone is involved in the conversation whether we like it or not...so no chance of a snooze then.  It's going to be a long day...I won't get home until after 11pm and shock horror...this Downtown Abbey addict is going to miss the first episode of the last series...I'm in shock...can't believe it but thank goodness for I Player because I don't have a clue how the tape thingy works.
Have a fun Sunday whatever you've got planned
Hugs Kath xxx