Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day my friends, I'm sharing the card I made for the release of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 1 using the adorable Gladys Colorize and Stacked Tile Hearts Thinlits. If you missed the YouTube Live launch you can watch it on replay and check out all the amazing projects from the Makers over on Tim's YouTube Channel or Blog.

I began by trimming Distress Watercolor card to 5.1/4" square and coloured with Tattered Rose and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks.
I inked the dotted image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Grunged with Black Soot Distress Archival ink and stamped randomly on the background.
I fixed Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to scraps of black, brown and yellow Idea-ology Classic KraftStock and scraps of Distress Watercolor card coloured with the same inks used on the background, die-cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Gladys Colorize Thinlits and assembled following the indent marks left on the catd by the dies.
I die-cut loads of different sized hearts from the left over coloured scraps using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Tile Hearts, layered to create dimension and fixed to the background. I arranged a variety of love themed sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Tiny Text on a Grid Block, inked with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide and stamped over the raised hearts.
I applied Distress Collage Medium sparingly over the left over coloured card, sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter and once dry, die-cut extra hearts and the sentiment using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Stretch Lower Thinlits. To complete the sentiment I die-cut Tim Holtz/Sizzix Tiny Type Lower from Idea-ology BlackOut KraftStock.

I
To finish I matted the panel on to white and black card trimmed to be slightly larger and fixed to a 5.1/2 white card blank.


I'll be back later to share my DT project for this week's Simon Says Monday Challenge, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant Valentines card love the image x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Kath, I LOVE Gladys she is amazing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how Gladys looks and that color you used! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete