Saturday, February 12, 2022

Tim Holtz Distress Archival Inks

Happy Saturday my friends, woohoo how exciting, 12 new colours of Distress Archival inks have joined the Archival family. If you missed the YouTube Live launch, you can always watch the replay for inspiring demos from Tim and check out all the amazing projects from the Makers over on Tim's Blog or YouTube Channel.

I decided to make two cards using all the new colours and the cool technique of stamping with Distress  Archival inks which are permanent on to Ranger Glossy Paper, colouring over the top with Distress Inks which are transparent, to create a layered look without the bulk.


trimmed Ranger Gloss Paper to 4" x 5.1/4" but Alcohol Ink Cardstock or Speciality Stamping Paper will also work with this technique and used a selection of images from some of my favourite Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous stamp sets (linked below) to create the background.I stamped the flower image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Flower Shop, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival on to the panel. I let the panel air dry before proceeding with the next step.I applied Distress Inks over the panel using a mini round blending tool, flicked on water to create that water droplet effect and dried.To balance the black from the flower image, I added some small stamped details randomly over the panel.I matted the panel on to Ranger Black Alcohol ink cardstock, my favourite black card, trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank.I repeated the background stamping process with different colours of the new Distress Archival inks and stamped the flower image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Dearly Departed, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival.I applied Distress Inks as before and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.




Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Hugs Kath xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, the colours are beautiful together, so pretty and I just love the images, as always Kath you nailed it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the colours are gorgeous as specified above Kath so beautiful and creative enjoy your weekend too its a wet one here x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such stunning cards! Love the colors of the inks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog; what amazing art. I am new to the world of mixed media and distress. Thanks for the step by step process you used. I am looking forward to giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards .. so artistic. I am getting very into distress backgrounds but am light years behind you 🤣🤣 I don’t have any distress archival for stamping .. think I need to investigate!!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cards Kath - the layered stamping is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kath, these are absolutely gorgeous!! Could you please share the source of the little sentiments you used? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete