Friday, February 11, 2022

Quite an Adventure

Hi my friends, I was over the moon to see 6 new colours of Alcohol Pearls and the gorgeous Rose Gold Alloy join the Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink familyI decided to have a play and make a few cards for my "need cards in a hurry" box but this particular adventure grew legs and I ended up with 10 cards in total when Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bold Text Thinlits decided to join the card making party. No way was I going to waste all those drop out letters, I'm a canny Scot after all and can't resist a good alphabet.

the cards made with the Alcohol Pearls and Rose Gold Alloy

and the cards made with the drop out letters

began by trimming Tim Holtz White HeavyStock Yupo to create 5 - 4" x 5" panels and coloured with a variety of the new Alcohol Pearls and adding a dash of Rose Gold Alloy into the mix.I die-cut the panels using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bold Text Thinlits and saved the drop out lettersI inked one of the images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Floral Outline with Black Soot Distress Archival, stamped at opposite corners of the panels and set aside.I created 5 more panels of the same size from Distress Watercolor card and Distress Kraft Heavystock and die-cut the flowers from Simon Says Black cardstock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Wildflower Stems 1 Thinlits.I  trimmed the flower stems and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium, making sure I had enough room for the die-cut letters and added splatters of White Gesso on the Kraft HeavyStock panels and co-ordinating colours of Distress Oxide inks on the others.I fixed the letters in place, also adding letters cut from Distress Watercolor card and Simon Says Black cardstock, using a template to make sure they were straight and evenly spaced. I have now created templates for all the Bold Text dies and will store with the dies in the storage envelope.I matted the Alcohol ink panels on to 4.1/4" x 5.1/4" white card blanks covered with Simon Says Black cardstock.the white card panels on to white card blanks covered with co-ordinating colours of Simon Says cardstockand the Distress White HeavyStock panels on to white card blanks.




Woohoo, before I knew, I had another 10 cards for my card box but I did learn something from this adventure. With hindsight, the next time I am die-cutting the Bold Text Thinlits from Yupo, I will definitely use the normal weight Yupo instead of the HeavyStock because I found it impossible to push out the small areas on the small letters, such as the A & B's. Crafting is an art, not a science my friends, there are always new things to learn and that's what makes it fun.
Have fun with whatever you are creating and enjoy your weekend. I'm looking forward to another YouTube Live Party over at Tim and Mario's place tomorrow, see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx

5 comments:

  1. WOW.WOW,and WOW.These are amazing Kath.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness, what a fabulous array of makes - looks like you had an absolute ball playing with your new stash too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath you make it all look so easy, beautiful cards I love the colours, wow.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about these cards!! Just wonderful with the Alcohol Ink background!

    ReplyDelete