Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Glazes

Hi my friends, I'm so excited to have 6 new colours of Embossing Glazes join the Distress Family and I love that they are such bright vivid colours. If you missed Tim's YouTube Live launch, you can watch the replay for inspiring demos from Tim and check out all the amazing projects from the Makers on Tim's Blog HERE or YouTube Channel HERE. The first task, as always, was making some swatches.I created a card using 3 of the new colours - Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey and Twisted Citron with Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bold Sayings, Roses Mini Layering Stencil from Set 25 and Distress Translucent Grit Paste.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4.3/4" x 6.3/4", coloured with Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink to create a light neutral background and stamped the image from Dearly Departed inked with the same ink.
I stamped the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bold Sayings sentiment with Distress Embossing ink, sprinkled Kitsch Flamingo, Wild Honey and Twisted Citron Embossing Glazes randomly over the sentiment, tapped lightly from underneath with my fingers to mix up the colours and heat set.
I trimmed masking paper to fit over the sentiment, applied Distress Translucent Grit Paste through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Roses Mini Layering Stencil and carefully removed the masking paper.
I repeated the same process as with the sentiment and set aside until the Grit Paste had dried.
I added additional stamping on the background using an image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Fragments inked with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink.
I heat set the Embossing Glazes on the Translucent Grit Paste and woohoo, check out the gorgeous nuggety bumpy glass like enamel effect.



I distressed the edges of the panel, inked with Ground Espresso Distress ink, matted on to Distress Kraft HeavyStock trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to a 5" x 7" white card blank.
To finish I added a Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Butterflies Adornment also coloured with Embossing Glazes.
Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments: