Thursday, February 17, 2022

Simon Says - Daffodil Field

Hi my friends, we're more than half way through February and already there are signs in the garden that spring is just around the corner which inspired me to make a quick and easy card using Simon Says Daffodil Field Cling Stamp from the Good Luck Charm release coloured with Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink Distress Reinkers. You can check out all the amazing products from this new release HERE.



I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/2", fixed the panel to my Glass Media Mat with masking tape and stamped the Daffodil Field Cling Stamp image, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink. I applied a generous wash of water over the panel, added drops of Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Bundled Sage and Dusty Concord Distress Reinkers on to the Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, dropped the colours on to the panel with a large wet round brush and let the water do it's thing.
I dried the panel, removed the tape and trimmed to leave a small border around the edge. I trimmed Simon Says Reverse Best Friends sentiment strips to create smaller sentiment strips.
I added splatters of white gesso and fixed the sentiment strips in place with foam adhesive strips.
To finish I matted the panel on to panels of Simon Says Bright Yellow and Black card trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to a 4.1/2" x 6" white card blank.
I did say it was quick and easy, didn't I. Have fun with whatever you are making and I'll be back soon to share another project made with products from the release.
Hugs Kath xxx