Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Simon Says Stamp - Dream Big

Happy Wednesday my friends, apologies for being absent from my blog and social media but it's been all go here, I've been busy busy playing with some new glorious red rubber, giving the unruly shrubs in the garden a drastic trim back and come evening, putting my feet up with a glass of wine and "THE BOOK" which, in true Tom Bower style, is very well written and has been meticulously researched. I won't spoilt it if you are waiting for your copy but I found this "set the record straight, pulling no punches to reveal the truth" account, shocking, upsetting and a bit of a difficult read. But back to happy thoughts and the goodies from Simon Says Stamp Dream Big release sitting on my workdesk. You can check out all the fabulous new products in the release HERE.

I'm sharing a trio of cards I made with the Dimensional Cubes set of 3 Layering Stencils, Big and Bold sentiment stamp set from the Dream Big release and the You Shine stamp set from the July Card Kit and the matching dies. 

I began by applying Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks through one of the Dimensional Cubes Layering Stencils on to an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card using Simon Says Small Blending Brushes. I held the card and stencil in place using the game changing Tim Holtz Media Grip - how did I ever live without this amazing product. I switched to the stencil with the small diamonds and applied a generous amount of Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink. I stamped the flower box image from You Shine and the Big and Bold sentiment inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink. I re-stamped the flower box on to Distress Watercolor card, cut with the matching die and fixed to the panel with the new Simon Says Foam Adhesive squares from the release.


On the second card I used the third stencil in the set, firstly applying Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink, turned the stencil 45 degrees, applied Carved Pumpkin, turned again and repeated this step. I then applied a heavy application of Carved Pumpkin through the stencil with the small diamonds. I stamped the Big and Bold Sentiment inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink. I stamped the flowers, leaves and butterfly from You Shine, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink on to Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Distress Re-inkers (colours linked below) using a Distress Detailer Brush , cut with the matching die set and fixed to the panel with the foam adhesive squares.


On the third card, I spritzed the Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink that was left on the stencil from the previous card, pressed on to the Distress Watercolor panel and dried. I cleaned the stencil, lined up the diamonds with the white areas and applied Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide ink. I inked the sentiment from You Shine with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide ink and holding the stamp in my hands, stamped randomly over the background. I stamped the butterflies from You Shine and the Big and Bold sentiment inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink.
To finish, I added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint on all 3 panels, trimmed the panels to 4" x 5,1.4" and matted on to A2 Distress Kraft HeavyStock card blanks. Simon Says August Card Kit is in the house and I'll be back soon to share some makes with you. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. So glad all is well Kath, I did wonder what was happening...
    Your cards are a gorgeous colour and the design is fabulous as always.
    I don't know if I want to read that book for various reasons, silly I know, but got so sick of hearing all the awful rumours about the royals, maybe sometime.Enjoy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow Kath your creation is beautiful as always nice to be able to get in the garden and do a bit of tiding up l also love a good book so might just invest in this one l love the Royals enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous set of cards Kath :-) love the stencil design and sunshiny colours, all of them are stunners! :-)

    It's too hot here to do anything, I swept the yard yesterday eveening and thought I was going to die of heatstroke! ;-) won't be doing that again, will stay in the shade with a cool beer from now until the end of summer ;-)

    Hope you have a good week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete