Friday, July 1, 2022

Make Today Amazing

Hi my friends, it's Friday, the first day of a new month and I'm sharing another card made using one of the backgrounds from my playtime with Uncharted Mariner. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sentiment is a good omen because yesterday was one of those "brain not plugged in" disaster days. I thought I had transferred the step by step photos for this card to my draft post, so I deleted them from my camera and the photo editing programme, only to discover that was not the case. It's that spinning too many plates at one time syndrome but it is what it is, once they're gone they're gone and there's no point having a meltdown after the event. It's time to suck it up, move on and admit I'm an idiot.

The background was created in the same way as yesterday's card using Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide inks. I coloured the edge of an ephemera piece from the Idea-ology Ephemera Memoir pack with the Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink pad and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I applied Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide ink through Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Linked Circles Layering Stencil using a mini round blending tool. I  stamped the floral image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Botanic Collage, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink. I inked part of the script section on another Botanic Collage image with Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink and stamped randomly on the Memoir panel and background. I inked the image from Eccentric with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Ranger White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I flicked Distress Resist Spray over the panel, sprinkled with the embossing powder and heat set. I stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Noteworthy on to a scrap of Alcohol Ink Black Cardstock inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with embossing powder, heat set, trimmed to create individual words and fixed to the panel using Distress Collage Medium. To finish I matted the Distress Watercolor card panel on to an A2 white card blank.

All's well that ends well. Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned and I'll see you all on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making and remember, if things go haywire, tomorrow is another day and in my case, I'll settle for one that is ordinary, drama and stress free.
Hugs Kath xxx

I have temporarily disabled comments on my blog due to being inundated with spam comments recently. It's not the best start to the day having to remove 142 from morons who need a slap around the face with a baseball bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment