Saturday, July 30, 2022

Simon Says - Big and Bold

Hi my friends, I'm sneaking in a quick Saturday blog post to share one more card from my Simon Says Dream Big release and August Card Kit adventure using Big and Bold and Vintage Garden stamp sets along with the Dimensional Cubes Layering Stencil.


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4" and applied a fairly heavy application of Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink. I smooshed the ink pad on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, laid the Dimensional Cubes Layering Stencil on to the ink and pressed on to the panel to create a monoprint effect on the background. I dried the panel thoroughly, inked the Big and Bold Sentiment with Simon Says Embossing Ink, sprinkled with Simon Says White Embossing Powder and heat set. I repeated this process with one of the floral images from Simon Says Vintage Garden to create a frame around the edges. I applied Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink around the edges and over the sentiment to create a shadow and wiped the excess ink off the embossing with a cloth. 
To finish I stamped the butterfly from Vintage Garden inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink, added Lucy's Little Things Silver Pearl Mix and matted the panel on to an A2 card blank.

I'm planning a weekend in the garden, have fun whatever you are doing and I'll see you all on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment