Thursday, July 28, 2022

Simon Says - Vintage Garden

Hi my friends, I'm back share two cards made using the Vintage Garden stamp set from Simon Says August Card Kit along with 3 of my favourite Tim Holtz Distress Oxide colours, Uncharted Mariner, Salvaged Patina and Fossilized Amber. I do love a good scripty sentiment and beautifully detailed floral images stamped in black on an inky background. The August Card Kit, at the time of writing, is still available to purchase and if you wish, you can also buy the individual items from the kit HERE.



I smooshed Uncharted Mariner, Salvaged Patina and Fossilized Amber on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, laid an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card on to the inks and dried. I tapped the panel back into the inks repeatedly to pick up the remaining droplets, drying between layers.
I stamped the floral image 3 times and the butterfly and sentiment from Simon Says Vintage Garden, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink,
I add white dots to the butterfly wings and flower centres using a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and matted on to an A2 white card blank.


I coloured an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card using the same 3 Distress Oxide inks using mini round blending tools to create a blended background, spritzed with water and dried.
I stamped the images and sentiments from Simon Say Vintage Garden, inked with Simon Says Intenser Black ink.
I added splatters of White Gesso, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set.
I re-stamped the butterfly on to a scrap of a previously coloured background, fussy cut and fixed to the panel, applying adhesive only to the centre of the butterfly.

To finish I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5,1/4" and matted on to an A2 white card blank.
I'm on a roll and will be back soon to share more projects made with Dream Big release and August Card Kit. Have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Kath and creative card lovely scenery and colours x

    ReplyDelete