Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 3 - Age Is Just A Number

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a card I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 3 using Numbered 3D Texture Fade, Alphanumeric Theory Alphabet and bits and pieces die-cut using Specimen and Postale Thinlits. If you missed the Live launch, you can catch up with these fabulous and very special must-have new dies and 3D Texture Fades and check out the amazing inspirational projects from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or Blog HERE.


I began by trimming Distress Watercolor to 4.1/2" x 6.1/2" and coloured using Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks.
I dragged a Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide pad over the debossed side of the Numbered 3D Texture Fade, spritzed the back of the panel with water, placed the panel in the folder and ran through my Sizzix Foldaway.
I added embossing ink to the Portraits Paper Doll using a Distress Embossing Dabber, sprinkled with Distress Frosted Crystal, heat set and coloured with Tattered Rose, Salvaged Patina and Vintage Photo Distress Crayons using a Distress Detailer Brush.
I die-cut the Numbered Background with the arrow from Postale Thinlits and fixed to brown Idea-ology KraftStock.
I coloured a panel of Distress Watercolor card with Salvaged Patina and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks, die-cut the arrow on the larger panel, fixed the panel on the background, added Number Remnant Rubs, sanded to look distressed and added an Idea-ology Gauge Dial.
I fixed the Portraits Paper Doll on the panel with Sizzix Foam Adhesive. I die-cut "Recorded" on the small label and fixed to brown Idea-ology KraftStock. You will see from the next photo, I changed my mind and moved the label to the bottom of the panel. I die-cut the letters from Sizzix Black Foam Adhesive and brown Idea-ology KraftStock using Alphanumeric Theory Thinlits and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.

I die-cut an arrow using Postale Thinlits, fixed to the Gauge Dial and added splatters of Salvaged Patina Distress Paint.

To finish, I matted the panel on to a 5" x 7" card blank, covered with Idea-ology BlackOut KraftStock, sanded back to reveal the kraft core.
I'll be back soon to share another project using Chapter 3 Thinlits, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx


5 comments:

  1. Brilliant Kath and I so agree that age really is just a number, although sometimes I catch sight of my self and wonder :))
    Another fabulous creation.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation! This one got me excited for my Chapter 3 order to arrive. Always love your detailed photos and explanations! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The arrangement and colors are very well done. So fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeus, I love the color combo so much.

    ReplyDelete