Thursday, June 30, 2022

Trust Your Crazy Ideas

Hi my friends, I'm back on board the SS Uncharted Mariner to share a card made from my "making backgrounds" adventure with the latest colour to join the Distress Family.

I smooshed Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide inks by on to my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and tapped an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card on to the inks, dried and tapped back in to pick up the remaining droplets. I mixed Crackling Campfire Distress Paint in to Distress Grit Paste and applied through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Elements Stencils - Freight
I stamped the images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Inquisitve inked with Uncharted Mariner and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxides and the images from Eccentric inked with Black Soot Distress Archival.

I stamped the image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Dapper, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival, on to the panel just for placement and again on to Plain Collage Paper.
I painted the back of the images with White Gesso
I repeated this process with the images from Eccentric because I wanted them to stand out more on the panel.
I fixed the plain collage paper images to the panel with Distress Collage Medium and added Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers, sanded back aroimmd the edges to reveal the white core.

I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and fixed to an A2 white card blank.


I'll be back tomorrow to share another card also made using an Uncharted Mariner/Crackling Campfire colour combo. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment