Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Focus Layering Stencil

Hi my friends, I'm sharing two cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous June 2022 release using the Focus Layering Stencil as the star of the show, with images from Botanic Collage and Eccentric stamp sets as the supporting cast. If you missed the Live, you can check out the new release and all the amazing projects from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or on Tim's Blog HERE

I began by trimming Distress Watercolor to create 2 - 4" x 5.1/4" panels. I spritzed Kitsch Flamingo, Fossilized Amber and Evergreen Bough Distress Spray Stains through the Focus Layering Stencil on to one of the panels, turned the stencil over, spritzed the back with water and pressed on to the second panel to create a monoprint effect.

I stamped the floral image from Botanic Collage and small images from Eccentric to fill in the edges of the panel, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink. I stamped the sentiment from Noteworthy, inked with Distress Embossing ink, on to a scrap of black card, sprinkled with Ranger White Superfine Embossing Powder and heat set. I trimmed and fixed to the panel with foam adhesive.

On the second card, I stamped images from Eccentric, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival to fill in the edges of the panel and images on the background stamped with Kitsch Flamingo, Spiced Marmalade and Evergreen Bough Distress Archival Inks. I coloured scraps of Distress Watercolor card with the matching colours of Distress inks using the direct to paper technique, stamped the sentiments from Noteworthy with Black Soot Distress Archival, trimmed and fixed to the panel with foam adhesive.


To finish, I edged the panels with Black Soot Distress Ink using a mini round ink blending tool and fixed the panels to A2 white card blanks. I'll be back soon to share my social make using the new release. Have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: